Stormwater is defined as the surface hydrologic response from an area due to precipitation or meteorological events such as a snowmelt, and therefore does not include baseflow. The University promotes foremost the use of conservation design practices that preserve and use natural critical hydrologic areas to minimize the impact to the environment. It also promotes the use and application of sound science in our stormwater management practices and does not believe that any Best Management Practice (BMP) or Low Impact Development (LID) method can be used anywhere, or that we can engineer replacements to complex natural hydrologic areas.
- Report A Stormwater Problem, Suggest an Idea
- What is a Watershed?
- Penn State Owned Dams
- Penn State's MS4 Program
- Water Resource Preservation Areas
- Penn State Stormwater Publications and Training Documents
- Test Your Stormwater Knowledge
- Penn State Water Resources Links
- Stormwater Resources Links