How do I coordinate Job Related Training?
- Process: Process Steps: Any Office of Physical Plant employee requesting coordination of job related training must follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Employee or supervisor will identify training topic or specific course.
- Step 2: Supervisor will contact OPP Training and Development Coordinator, 102 OPP.
- Step 3: Training and Development Coordinator will meet with requestor to obtain additional information including: - Preferred Location - Preferred Dates - Number of participants - Budget and Task numbers
- Step 4: Training and Development Coordinator will obtain a proposal for the requested training and send to requestor for approval.
- Step 5: Requestor will supply names of participants to OPP HR/Training Office, 102 OPP.
- Step 6: Once training is completed, please return sign-in sheet to OPP Training Office.
- Step 7: Training will be billed to appropriate budget and task numbers.
How do I obtain Approval and Reimbursement for a Career Development Vocational Course?
- Process: Employee wanting to enroll in a vocational course will complete the following process:
- Step 1: The employee will identify a desired vocational course.
- Step 2: The employee will obtain the career development form from one of the following locations: www.opp.psu.edu OPP Training Office, 102 OPP
- Step 3: Employee will complete form. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE REIMBURSEMENT, THE FORM MUST BE COMPLETED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO REGISTERING AND PAYING FOR ANY COURSE.
- Step 4: Employee will submit completed form to immediate supervisor for appropriate approvals.
- Step 5: Once approved, employee will be notified by OPP Training Office to continue with course enrollment.
- Step 6: Employee is responsible for registering and paying for vocational course.
- Step 7: After completion of course, employee will submit proof of successful completion and receipt of payment to the OPP Training Office for 50% reimbursement up to $350.00 annually.
How do I obtain Employee Training Records for myself or my employee(s)?
- Process Steps: Any Office of Physical Plant technical service employee wanting to obtain personal training records, must follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Employee will contact representative of OPP Training Office, 102 OPP.
- Step 2: Employee must provide last name and last four digits of PSU ID number.
- Step 3: Training record will be generated and provided to employee.
How do I Order Career Development Materials?
- Process Steps: Any Office of Physical Plant technical service employee wanting to utilize the career development opportunity per the bargaining unit contract must first follow the steps below.
- Step 1: All employees must first identify the type of career development course.
- Step 2: After identifying the type of course, employees would then obtain the Career Development Training Request Form from the OPP Training Office.
- Step 3: The technical service employee will complete the form. If assistance is needed to complete the form, the employee may contact OPP Training and Development Coordinator, 102 OPP.
- Step 4: After employee completes the form, they will then give the form to their Supervisor to approve. Supervisor will then forward approved form to the OPP Training Office for processing. If form is not approved, Supervisor will review with employee.
- Step 5: The OPP Training Office will receive the approved form and process the request. If the request is for correspondence course materials, an order will be placed with the vendor. If the request is for a vocational course, the form will be recorded and kept on file until the vocational course is completed.
- Step 6: When correspondence materials arrive, the employee will be notified to pick up materials and reminded of the completion requirements. If the request is for a vocational course, upon successful completion of the course, the OPP Training Office will submit for reimbursement per the contract agreement.
- Definition of Unfamiliar Terms:
- Career Development Training Request Form – The form used to approve the request of career development materials for technical service employees. This form is available in the OPP Training Office
How do I Set Up Orientation for New Construction?
- Process Steps: Any Office of Physical Plant employee requiring New Construction Owner Training Orientation must follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Employee will contact the Training and Development Coordinator with identified new construction training need.
- Step 2: Training and Development Coordinator will contact the appropriate Construction Service Representative to communicate training need.
- Step 3: Construction Service Representative for the site will then contact the appropriate contractor and direct them to the Training and Development Coordinator for scheduling.
- Step 4: Training and Development Coordinator will identify the appropriate participants, schedule training and email announcement for employee sign-up.
- Step 5: Employees will attend designated training and complete sign-in sheet. Return sign-in sheet to the OPP Training Office (102 OPP).
NOTE: A job number will be supplied to supervisors in order to charge employee time appropriately. Employees will need to enter job number on time card along with Phase Code 50.