Bicycle Master Plan
The Bicycle Master Plan (PDF)* for Penn State's University Park campus has been developed to guide future improvements to the campus transportation system to meet the current and future needs of bicyclists on campus.
- Provide a comprehensive and practical strategy for improving bicycle circulation on the University Park Campus.
- Encourage bicycling as a mode of transportation by providing a continuous bicycling network connected to the regional bicycle system.
- Improve safety by providing an understandable, logical, and enforceable bicycling system.
- Improve the quality of life for visitors, faculty, staff, and students through increased exercise, recreation, and environmental sustainability.
Members of the Master Plan Team
- Transportation Services
- University Police
- Risk Management
- Bicycle User Group
- Centre Region Bicycle Coalition
- Centre Regional Planning Agency
- Borough of State College
- University Safety Council
- Office of Physical Plant (EH&S, Energy & Environment, CP&D)
* PDF documents available in alternative format upon request.