Mission & Strategic Plan
OPP stewards Penn State's physical plant and provides quality facility services and safety programs in support of the University's mission.
- We exceed customer expectations.
- We provide excellent value.
- We enjoy coming to work.
- We are recognized nationally for excellence in facilities, environmental, and safety management.
- We value and empower our employees.
- We collaborate with academia.
- We are committed to diversity.
- We foster creativity, teamwork, and communication.
- We champion the University's commitment to sustainability.
- We provide an enjoyable, healthy, and safe work environment.
- We value leadership, accountability, and professionalism.
Strategic Plan 2014-2018 Goals
Improve Operational Effectiveness
- Implement Facilities Asset Management (FAM)
- Develop and implement the IT master plan
- Collect and distribute data to improve operations
Foster a highly engaged workforce
- Develop a retention strategy
- Develop a robust training strategy
- Develop a succession plan strategy
Enhance relationships with customers
- Strengthen service to Commonwealth campuses
- Develop a communications strategic plan
- Expand academic partnerships
- Identify external constituents and develop strategies to enhance relationships
Enhance and preserve the University's infrastructure and grounds
- Implement the 2014-2018 Capital Plan
- Develop and implement an integrated design and delivery process
- Reduce energy consumption