The Facilities Coordinator is responsible to their unit’s budget executive and the Associate Vice President for Physical Plant for the coordination and oversight of all facilities issues and projects in his/her college or administrative unit, including duties such as the following:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison with OPP.
- Establish and manage a network of Service Desk Coordinators (SDCs) to address and communication day-to-day issues within individual departments or buildings as determined by the budget executive. Inform OPP of any changes in assignments of SDCs.
- Coordinate all facilities issues and projects with Physical Plant staff.
- Coordinate and process all formal correspondence pertaining to renovation, new construction, maintenance, safety, environmental and relocation projects.
- Attend all FC meetings and other meetings pertaining to project planning and implementation.
- Provide feedback on questionnaires that are sent when a project/job closes.
- Complete on-going and annual updates to the Facilities Information System for the official space inventory for all space within each college or administrative unit.
- Provide support and internal communications related to environmental health and safety facility issues.
- Coordinator all real estate issues.
- Serve as the primary contact with responsibility for informing college/unit of various situations, and ensuring the information is distributed to appropriate persons throughout his/her area.
- Comply with all related University policies and specifically those relating to facilities and budget responsibilities.